Benefits of exercising regularly through menopause
Benefits of exercising regularly through menopause are that it can:
- Prevent excessive weight gain, menopausal women are prone to lose muscle mass and gain abdominal fat.
- Strengthen bones and slow down bone loss, reducing the risk of fractures and osteoporosis
- Reduce the risk of diseases such as Type 2 Diabetes.
- Improve cardiovascular health such as lowering blood pressure and reducing risk of heart disease and strokes
- Reduce the risk of cancer including breast, bowel and uterine
- Improve strength and balance to prevent falls, maintaining independence as women age
- Lower the risk of dementia